Messianic Prophecy with Audio Series
The Messiah will be Born in Bethlehem
The Eternal Messiah Will Come
from Bethlehem to Rule
Mic 5:2 "But you, Bethlehem
Ephrathah, though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you
shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in Israel, whose goings forth are
from of old, from everlasting."
Lk 2:4-6 Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of
Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because
he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his
betrothed wife, who was with child. So it was, that while they were there, the
days were completed for her to be delivered.
- Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.
- Bethlehem was an insignificant city, so much so that there have been almost
no mentions of ancient Bethlehem in archaeology.
- Bethlehem in Hebrew means "House of Bread"
- Mic 5:2 also verifies that Messiah would be from everlasting, from eternity
- Bethlehem was the birthplace of King David, most Hebrew kings were born in
- The first century Jews all understood the reference to be the town of
- Ruler in Mic 5:2 is not the usual word for king "melech" but the word "mashal"
which speaks of a civil or economic ruler like a powerful merchant, prince or
king. The New testament translates the word as a Shepherd Ruler.
- It is interesting that the Magi in Matt 2 sought the One who was "born king
of the Jews" rather than appointed.
- Bethlehem was located about 5 miles from Jerusalem.
Messianic Prophecy Audio Series with
Shahar from Jerusalem
Born in Bethlehem - Micah 5:1-2 -
(from the Hebrew perspective)