Isaiah 11:10 "And in that day there shall be a Root of Jesse, who shall stand as a banner to the people; for the Gentiles shall seek Him, and His resting place shall be glorious."
Isaiah 42:1 "Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, my Elect One in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.Isaiah 49:6 Indeed He says, `It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, that You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.'"
Matt 15:21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon.Key Points:
- The Gentile Savior will be Jewish.
- Jesse was Davidís father. The Messiah would come from Jesseís family line.- "In that day" speaks of the future Messianic kingdom.
- The word "root" in Hebrew is "shoresh" and speaks of a sprout that springs up from a dead tree. Rev 22:16 calls Jesus the root and offspring of David.- A banner or ensign was lifted up in the sight of an army, or to rally people together.
- Jesusí crucifixion was a clear banner for all nations to see (John 12:32).- When the Gentiles "seek" the Messiah the word implies that they will seek Him for salvation and protection.
- Godís resting place would no longer be the Temple but within His own people who would also include the Gentiles (Heb. Goyim). (see Isaiah 60:13).- His resting place will be glorious (full of glory and honor).
Messianic Prophecy Audio Series with Shahar from Jerusalem
Table of Contents
Seed of the Woman
Seed of Abraham
Tribe of Judah
Star of Jacob
Seed of David
Prophet like Moses
Son of God
Resurrected from the Dead
Betrayed by a Friend
Ascend into Heaven
Priest like Melchizedek
Seated at God's Right Hand
Born of a Virgin
Minister in Galilee
Meek and Humble Man
Savior to the Gentiles
He will be Beaten
Establishes a New Covenant
Will have Two Missions
Will Perform Miracles
Will be Jehovah
Born in Bethlehem
Will Come to the Temple
Enter Jerusalem on Donkey
He will be Pierced
Forsaken by His Disciples
Victory over Death
Date of his Death Predicted
Isaiah 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Chart of Some Messianic Prophecies in the Old Testament
Above is a list of some of the prophecies about the Jewish Messiah foretold by the ancient Hebrew prophets. Each section contains first the topic, then the Old Testament prediction, and the New Testament fulfillment. I have included some interesting notes at the bottom of each section PLUS some brief audio commentary by Shahar from Jerusalem, Israel. In the below section Shahar reads the prophecy in Hebrew and then elaborates on it according to the original language.
I highly recommend downloading each MP3 file and adding it to your phone or tablet, and then listening to each one carefully.
Messianic Prophecy Series on Audio
(Download Instructions: Right click on MP3 and choose "save target as")
Would Establish a New Covenant - Jeremiah 31:31-33 - (MP3 File) - Transcribed
(Next: You can use the main image above to follow each prophecy in text and audio)
The Story of the Bible
© Bible History Online (http://www.bible-history.com)