Jer 23:5-6 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; a King shall reign and prosper, and execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely; now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Is 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.Jn 8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I Am, you will die in your sins."
Jn 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."Key Points:
- The Messiah will be Jehovah (Heb. Yahweh) ie. the LORD
- There is actually no "J" sound in the Hebrew.
- In the Hebrew Yahweh is the name of God (Elohim).- The king Messiah’s name will be called "The LORD our righteousness" Jehovah Tsidkenu.
- The Branch of Righteousness is a descendant of King David.
- Messiah will reign, prosper, execute judgment, righteousness, In His days Judah will be saved and Israel will dwell securely.
- Messiah will also be called God.
- Messiah will be a child who is born.
- When Jesus said "I Am" He was using the same expression in the Hebrew as when the LORD spoke to Moses at the burning bush.
- "Yahweh" and "I Am" come from the root "hayah" which means "to be".
- When Jesus said "Truly truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" the truly truly statement is just as much a verification of His deity because in Jewish thinking only Yahweh could utter that something was true (amen) beforehand, and with double reinforcement.
- All of the statements mentioned in Isaiah 9:6 about the Messianic Child are only true about Yahweh, according to the whole Old Testament.
Messianic Prophecy Audio Series with Shahar from Jerusalem
Table of Contents
Seed of the Woman
Seed of Abraham
Tribe of Judah
Star of Jacob
Seed of David
Prophet like Moses
Son of God
Resurrected from the Dead
Betrayed by a Friend
Ascend into Heaven
Priest like Melchizedek
Seated at God's Right Hand
Born of a Virgin
Minister in Galilee
Meek and Humble Man
Savior to the Gentiles
He will be Beaten
Establishes a New Covenant
Will have Two Missions
Will Perform Miracles
Will be Jehovah
Born in Bethlehem
Will Come to the Temple
Enter Jerusalem on Donkey
He will be Pierced
Forsaken by His Disciples
Victory over Death
Date of his Death Predicted
Isaiah 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Chart of Some Messianic Prophecies in the Old Testament
Above is a list of some of the prophecies about the Jewish Messiah foretold by the ancient Hebrew prophets. Each section contains first the topic, then the Old Testament prediction, and the New Testament fulfillment. I have included some interesting notes at the bottom of each section PLUS some brief audio commentary by Shahar from Jerusalem, Israel. In the below section Shahar reads the prophecy in Hebrew and then elaborates on it according to the original language.
I highly recommend downloading each MP3 file and adding it to your phone or tablet, and then listening to each one carefully.
Messianic Prophecy Series on Audio
(Download Instructions: Right click on MP3 and choose "save target as")
Would Establish a New Covenant - Jeremiah 31:31-33 - (MP3 File) - Transcribed
(Next: You can use the main image above to follow each prophecy in text and audio)
The Story of the Bible
© Bible History Online (http://www.bible-history.com)