Genesis 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."
Genesis 22:17-18 "in blessing I will bless you, and in multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore, and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed..."Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.
Key Points:- The Lord spoke this prophecy to Abraham 2000 years after the fall of man.
- The coming redeemer would be from the seed of Abraham.- God spoke of a great multitude of Abrahamís descendants but one seed.
- The promise was spoken about 400 years after the flood.- The world had again turned to idolatry and wickedness.
- Abraham was the first Hebrew.- God first called Abraham in the city of Ur in Mesopotamia.
- The promise included all families, which includes all gentile nations.- Paul confirms in the New Testament that Abrahamís promised seed was Christ.
- The whole Bible is built upon this promise to Abraham.- The promise was repeated to Abrahamís son Isaac and his grandson Jacob.
- Ancient Rabbinic Judaism regarded this passage as Messianic.
Messianic Prophecy Audio Series with Shahar from Jerusalem
Table of Contents
Seed of the Woman
Seed of Abraham
Tribe of Judah
Star of Jacob
Seed of David
Prophet like Moses
Son of God
Resurrected from the Dead
Betrayed by a Friend
Ascend into Heaven
Priest like Melchizedek
Seated at God's Right Hand
Born of a Virgin
Minister in Galilee
Meek and Humble Man
Savior to the Gentiles
He will be Beaten
Establishes a New Covenant
Will have Two Missions
Will Perform Miracles
Will be Jehovah
Born in Bethlehem
Will Come to the Temple
Enter Jerusalem on Donkey
He will be Pierced
Forsaken by His Disciples
Victory over Death
Date of his Death Predicted
Isaiah 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Chart of Some Messianic Prophecies in the Old Testament
Above is a list of some of the prophecies about the Jewish Messiah foretold by the ancient Hebrew prophets. Each section contains first the topic, then the Old Testament prediction, and the New Testament fulfillment. I have included some interesting notes at the bottom of each section PLUS some brief audio commentary by Shahar from Jerusalem, Israel. In the below section Shahar reads the prophecy in Hebrew and then elaborates on it according to the original language.
I highly recommend downloading each MP3 file and adding it to your phone or tablet, and then listening to each one carefully.
Messianic Prophecy Series on Audio
(Download Instructions: Right click on MP3 and choose "save target as")
Would Establish a New Covenant - Jeremiah 31:31-33 - (MP3 File) - Transcribed
(Next: You can use the main image above to follow each prophecy in text and audio)
The Story of the Bible
© Bible History Online (http://www.bible-history.com)