Messianic Prophecy with Audio Series
The Messiah is The Seed of David
The Messiah will be the offspring of David, and King of the whole world.
The LORD has sworn in truth to David; he will not turn from it: "I will set upon
your throne the fruit of your body.
Jeremiah 23:5-6 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "That I
will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; a King shall reign and prosper,
and execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be
saved, and Israel will dwell safely; now this is His name by which He will be
called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the
seed of David according to the flesh,
- The Lord "swore" this promise to David that his seed would rule the earth.
- The fruit of David�s body was referring to his seed, which was Jesus
- David�s "branch" refers to his offspring and is the Hebrew word "tsamech".
- God�s promise in the Old Testament was always that He would one day bless
all nations through one man who would be of the family of king David.
- The Bible reveals that this offspring of David would be a "great King", he
would "live forever", and establish a kingdom "that would never end."
- 2 Sam 7 reveals that through David's family would come a line of kings,
culminating in One "Eternal King" whose kingdom would never pass away.
-Matthew�s genealogy traces the lineage of Christ back to King David.
- The King referred to in Jer 23 is Jesus, He is to reign, and prosper,
execute judgment and righteousness. Judah (the Jews) will be saved and Israel
will have peace.
- "The LORD our Righteousness" in Hebrew is Yahweh (Jehovah) Tsidkenu.
The Seed of David - Psalm 132:10-11 -
(from the Hebrew perspective)