Messianic Prophecy with Audio Series
The Messiah will be The Son of God
The Messiah will be the Son of God.
Psalm 2:7 "I will
declare the decree: the LORD has said to Me, `You are My Son, today I have
Proverbs 30:4 Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has
gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has
established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son's
name, if you know?
And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My
beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
Luke 9:35 - And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my
beloved Son: hear him.
- Many of the Psalms have references to Christ, and clearly speak of Jesus.
- David was speaking by the Holy Spirit when he said this.
- The prophecy was declared as God's decree.
- "You are My Son" refers to the Messiah as the Son of God.
- This phrase is applied to Jesus at his baptism (Mark 1:11)
- In the Hebrew the word "Son" was a common designation for the Messiah.
- It is very clear that in Jewish circles Messiah would be referred to as the
Son of God.
- "today I have begotten you" speaks of His resurrection and preeminence.
- The term, begotten, is part of an Oriental formula for adoption used in the
Code of Hammurabi.
- Proverbs 30:4 reinforces the concept that the "Son" would have a name.
"Ascending into heaven" and descending was also referred to in the New Testament
in relation to Jesus.
- At the Transfiguration God the Father calls Jesus the Son of God... "This is
My Son, Hear ye Him."
The Son of God - Psalm 2:7-8 and
Proverbs 30:4 -
- (MP3 File)
(from the Hebrew perspective)