Is 25:8 He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces; the rebuke of His people he will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken.
Heb 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil.
Jn 19:30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
1 Cor 15:55-57 "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?" The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Messiah will rise triumphantly from the dead and the power of death is broken forever.
- Yahweh partook of a human body and died that He might reign victorious.
- "Swallow up death" means to devour it completely and overcome it.
- Death can be looked upon as a conquered enemy.
- Messiah will wipe away all tears, every sorrow and enemy of joy.
- The words "it is finished" was a military victory cry, when the battle was won and the last traces of the enemy were being defeated they would utter the cry "it is finished."
- The devil had the power of death because it was given to him by Adam (Luke 4).
- When Satan killed Jesus he murdered an innocent man because Jesus never sinned.
- When death slew Jesus it slit its own throat.
- Hades is the place of death and not the final hell. All unbelievers are in Hades waiting for the great white throne judgment. There is no second chance and there is no such thing as Purgatory.
- Old Testament saints who were faithing in the coming Messiah, and had trusted in the covenant that the Lord had established with Abraham, were released from death at the resurrection and ascension of Christ.
- The gentile world who knew the Jewish God as El Elyon (Most High God) were also in death awaiting resurrection.
- At the rapture all believers of every age will receive their resurrected bodies of glory.
- All persecution and reproach for the cause of Christ, God will do away with.
Messianic Prophecy Audio Series with Shahar from Jerusalem
Table of Contents
Seed of the Woman
Seed of Abraham
Tribe of Judah
Star of Jacob
Seed of David
Prophet like Moses
Son of God
Resurrected from the Dead
Betrayed by a Friend
Ascend into Heaven
Priest like Melchizedek
Seated at God's Right Hand
Born of a Virgin
Minister in Galilee
Meek and Humble Man
Savior to the Gentiles
He will be Beaten
Establishes a New Covenant
Will have Two Missions
Will Perform Miracles
Will be Jehovah
Born in Bethlehem
Will Come to the Temple
Enter Jerusalem on Donkey
He will be Pierced
Forsaken by His Disciples
Victory over Death
Date of his Death Predicted
Isaiah 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Chart of Some Messianic Prophecies in the Old Testament
Above is a list of some of the prophecies about the Jewish Messiah foretold by the ancient Hebrew prophets. Each section contains first the topic, then the Old Testament prediction, and the New Testament fulfillment. I have included some interesting notes at the bottom of each section PLUS some brief audio commentary by Shahar from Jerusalem, Israel. In the below section Shahar reads the prophecy in Hebrew and then elaborates on it according to the original language.
I highly recommend downloading each MP3 file and adding it to your phone or tablet, and then listening to each one carefully.
Messianic Prophecy Series on Audio
(Download Instructions: Right click on MP3 and choose "save target as")
Would Establish a New Covenant - Jeremiah 31:31-33 - (MP3 File) - Transcribed
(Next: You can use the main image above to follow each prophecy in text and audio)
The Story of the Bible
© Bible History Online (http://www.bible-history.com)