Messianic Prophecy with Audio Series
The Messiah Will Enter the Temple with Authority
The Messiah Will Suddenly Come to
"Behold, I send My messenger, and he will prepare the way before Me. And the
Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the
covenant, in whom you delight. Behold, He is coming," says the LORD of hosts.
Matt 21:12-13 "Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out
all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the
money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. And He said to them, "It
is written, `MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER'; but you are making it
a ROBBERS' DEN."
- Yahweh Himself will suddenly come to His temple (as a thief, unexpectedly).
- The word suddenly gives the imagery of catching up to and overtaking His
- When it says "His temple" it corresponds with when Jesus said "My house."
- Says "The LORD of Hosts" is the Hebrew name for God - Jehovah Sabaoth, the
Lord of the armies of heaven will accomplish this.
- The Trinity is clearly seen in this passage.
- "My messenger" is the forerunner John the Baptist who will prepare the way
for the greater Messenger, Yahweh Himself who is Jesus.
- The other verse where the messenger prepares the way for the Messiah is
- To "prepare the way" speaks of clearing away any impediments lying in the
- By needing a messenger to come and prepare the way implies that the nation
of Israel in its present moral condition was not ready to receive the Lord.
- The covenant was first established with Abraham, that "in him (seed) all
the nations of the earth will be blessed."
- "Behold, He is coming" was a wake up call by the last O.T. Jewish prophet
to be expecting Messiah.
- The Lord (Adon or sovereign Master) "Whom you seek" speaks of a longing for
His return and His right of redemption as Adon.
- The Messenger "in whom you delight" is the altogether lovely One, the
desire of all nations (Hag 2:7).
- His coming is certain and He will not tarry, all eyes should be set on
Messianic Prophecy Audio Series with
Shahar from Jerusalem
Would Enter the Temple with Authority - Malachi 3:1 -
(from the Hebrew perspective)