Jeremiah 31:31-33 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-- "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
Matt 26:28 "For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Key Points:- The Lord made a clear promise in the Old Testament of a New Covenant (Testament).
- When he says "the days are coming" it refers to the day of the Lord and when he says "after those days" he is speaking of the end of days.- Jeremiah was known as "the weeping prophet" and was comforted with this promise.
- The old covenant was written on stone, the new one is written on the heart.- The Lord reveals that the New Covenant would be for the house of Israel and Judah, not like the old covenant but "after those days" He would write the Law inside them.
- The writer of Hebrews reveals that this Scripture in Jeremiah is pointing to the new covenant that was poured out upon the Church at Pentecost, and also upon the nation of Israel during the time of the Second Coming of Christ and of the Millennium.- The Jews celebrated the pouring out of the Holy Spirit during the kingdom during the feast of Tabernacles on the "great day" when they poured water on the Temple pavement.
- Hebrew 8-10 speak in detail of the old covenant laws and rituals that were passing away.- In the old covenant when the law was broken there was a sacrifice that would be given on behalf of the guilty sinner, under the new covenant the one sacrifice, Jesus, cleanses all men of all sins to those who put their trust in Him.
- Under the old covenant the law was a curse, and its power was death. Under the new covenant the law is written on the inside and the power of sin and death are broken.
Messianic Prophecy Audio Series with Shahar from Jerusalem
Would Establish a New Covenant - Jeremiah 31:31-33 - (MP3 File) (from the Hebrew perspective)
Table of Contents
Seed of the Woman
Seed of Abraham
Tribe of Judah
Star of Jacob
Seed of David
Prophet like Moses
Son of God
Resurrected from the Dead
Betrayed by a Friend
Ascend into Heaven
Priest like Melchizedek
Seated at God's Right Hand
Born of a Virgin
Minister in Galilee
Meek and Humble Man
Savior to the Gentiles
He will be Beaten
Establishes a New Covenant
Will have Two Missions
Will Perform Miracles
Will be Jehovah
Born in Bethlehem
Will Come to the Temple
Enter Jerusalem on Donkey
He will be Pierced
Forsaken by His Disciples
Victory over Death
Date of his Death Predicted
Isaiah 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Chart of Some Messianic Prophecies in the Old Testament
Above is a list of some of the prophecies about the Jewish Messiah foretold by the ancient Hebrew prophets. Each section contains first the topic, then the Old Testament prediction, and the New Testament fulfillment. I have included some interesting notes at the bottom of each section PLUS some brief audio commentary by Shahar from Jerusalem, Israel. In the below section Shahar reads the prophecy in Hebrew and then elaborates on it according to the original language.
I highly recommend downloading each MP3 file and adding it to your phone or tablet, and then listening to each one carefully.
Messianic Prophecy Series on Audio
(Download Instructions: Right click on MP3 and choose "save target as")
Would Establish a New Covenant - Jeremiah 31:31-33 - (MP3 File) - Transcribed
(Next: You can use the main image above to follow each prophecy in text and audio)
The Story of the Bible
© Bible History Online (http://www.bible-history.com)