Messianic Prophecy with Audio Series
The Messiah Will Be Beaten Beyond Recognition
The Messiah will be Beaten, have His Beard Plucked, and Spit
Isaiah 50:6 I gave My back to
those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not
hide My face from shame and spitting.
Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
Matt 26:67 Then they spat in His face and beat Him; and others struck
Him with the palms of their hands,
Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on
the head. And when they had mocked Him, they took the robe off Him, put His own
clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified.
- The words "I gave my back" speaks of a willing submission.
- The word "plucked" speaks of making one bald or hairless.
- To pluck a single hair of one�s hair or beard was the highest insult and the
greatest indignity in the ancient oriental world.
- The beard was grown and groomed with utmost care.
- It was customary to swear by the beard if it was a strong oath.
- To spit on someone was a shameful thing and among the highest of insults.
(see Deut 25:9)
- To spit in the presence of a king was an act of indecency and an offence.
- They not only spat but they spat in His face.
- Read article on The Roman Scourge
Messianic Prophecy Audio Series with
Shahar from Jerusalem
Would be Beaten - Isaiah 50:6 -
(from the Hebrew perspective)